Every so often, it’s worth opening those wardrobe doors and having a clear out!
This type of detox can be a time consuming task and one which usually fills people with dread! Make sure you give yourself enough time to do this!
Often clients ask if I can help them and of course I am more than happy to do so. In my experience, people find it easier if someone else helps as it can be quite an overwhelming task. Click here for more details.
If you’ve heard me at a talk or had a consultation with me then you may have heard me mention the 80/20 rule. This is that most women only wear 20% of the clothes in their wardrobe 80% of the time. Plus, I have found that there are many women who have more than one wardrobe full of clothes!!
The key thing here is about ensuring that what you have in your wardrobe is right for you. If you’ve got five identical items and nothing to wear them with, then they won’t get worn.
It’s the same with sale shopping. We all love a bargain! But it’s only ever a real bargain if you actually wear it!
If you have clothes languishing in the back of your wardrobe and *shock* still with labels on…then something has gone wrong!
Here’s some tips on detoxing those wardrobes:
- Is it in the right colour for you which compliments your features and characteristics such as your skin tone?
- Does it fit? And I mean properly!
- Is it in good condition? If a button has fallen off or the hem stitching has come undone, can it easily be repaired? If it can, make sure you do or you won’t wear it!
- How do you feel when you wear it? This is key as if you don’t feel good wearing something, you won’t even leave the house.
- Have you got at least three other items in your wardrobe that you can wear it with?
If the answer is no then I’m afraid it’s time to say good bye.
If you need some help, please get in touch with me and I come and help you to detox those wardrobes with pleasure!